West Virginia College Student Loans
University of West Virginia and
West Virginia State College University State system: Student
Loan Lenders :
West Virginia students wanting to go to college may face the
challenge of funding their collegiate career. A common road
for students begins with the U.S. Department of Education
and its federal student aid programs. Through the
government, students can receive federally-backed student
loans. These loans can be either subsidized or unsubsidized
depending on the studentís financial need.
Federal funding through the Direct Loan Program can be
applied for using the Free Application for Federal Student
Aid (FAFSA) this application can be filed online at the U.S.
Department of Educationís Web site or hard copies are
available through your high school counselor. The FAFSA
collects a considerable amount of personal information on
the student and his or her parents/guardians. Money is
available through Direct Loans for both undergraduate and
If the federal money isnít enough to cover expenses, West
Virginia students might also consider taking out a private
student loan. While private loans are not always as
desirable as federally-backed loans, they can fill the gap
between the studentís federal loans and education expenses.
Private loans also feature shorter acceptance rates and
generally allow students to withdrawal larger amounts of
money then federal loans.
- AMS Education Loan Trust (833067) - Swansea, MA.
800-637-3060. (Stafford, PLUS)
- Bank of America (806746) - Brea, CA. 800-344-8382.
- Bank One, NA (805156) - Fishers, IN. 800487-4400.
- F&M Bank of Keyser, Inc. (811519) - Keyser, West Virginia .
304-788-3111 or 800-826-1494. ( Stafford loans, PLUS loans )
- MBNA America (Delaware) N.A. (833772) - Wilmington, DE.
888-272-5543. (Stafford, PLUS)
- Medfunds (831654) - Cleveland, OH. 800-665-1016. (Stafford)
- Nellie Mae (829076) - Braintree, MA. 800-634-9308. Private
- One Valley Bank (819553) - Charleston, West Virginia . 304-340-4693.
( Stafford Loan, PLUS Loan )
- Webanco-Wheeling (823099) - Wheeling, WV. 304-234-9355.
State College System of West Virginia
1018 Kanawha Boulevard, East
Charleston, WV 25301
Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission
is responsible for developing, establishing, and
overseeing the implementation of a public policy agenda
for higher education. It is charged with oversight of
higher education institutions to ensure they are
accomplishing their missions and implementing the
provisions set by state statute.