Texas Private College Loans, New Lenders:
- Private loan lender comparison and college loan reviews have been moved Here.
- Student Loans for the following colleges and universities:
University of Texas at Austin , Texas A&M University , Rice University , University of Houston , Baylor University , Southern Methodist University , University of North Texas , Baylor College of Medicine , Texas Tech University , University of Texas at Arlington, Texas State University-San Marcos,UT at Dallas, UT at San Antonio and more.
Texas Education Aid
Texas students heading to college can turn to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board for financial assistance. The board sponsors the Texas Grant Program which awards money to students attending nonprofit schools in the state.
Along with the Texas Grant Program, the state board offers three additional grant programs for students these programs include the Texas Public Educational Grant (TPEG), Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership Program (LEAP), and the Tuition Equalization Grant Program (TEG).
Texas Public Educational Grant
Based on financial need, the TPEG is awarded through public Texas colleges and university. Participating schools must be a public institution and they must be situated within the state's borders.
Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership Program
The LEAP is also geared toward students in financial need. Award amounts run around $1,250 depending on the student's need.
Tuition Equalization Grant Program
Lastly, the TEG program provides funding for financially needy students attending a non-profit, private institution in Texas. Awards can range up to $3,653 a school year.
Other funding programs available to Texas students include the Federal Pell Grant and Direct Loans. Both the grant and loan programs are sponsored by the United States Department of Education. In order to apply, students are required to fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and turn it in for review. Once the FAFSA is processed, the student will receive his or her Student Aid Report and information on the awards they have qualified for. From there, the student can opt to take out one or more college loans.
TEXAS Student lenders' TELEPHONE #'s:
- Aggieland Credit Union (830445) - College Station, Texas . 409-696-1440. Stafford Loans, PLUS Loan
- Austin Municipal Federal Credit Union (824869) - Austin, Texas . 512-477-6356. Stafford Student Loans, PLUS Loan
- Commercial Bank of Texas, N.A.- Student Loans (810753) - Nacogdoches, Texas . 936-569-5110 or 800-723-7601. Stafford, PLUS loan
- First American Bank (831366) - Bryan, Texas. 409-361-6230. Stafford, PLUS loan
- Temple Area Federal Credit Union (818603) - Temple, TX. 254-773-1604. (Stafford, PLUS)
- Texas Independent Bank (831122) - Irving, TX. 800/288-4842 or 800-343-5904. Federal Stafford, PLUS Loans
- Town North National Bank - Farmers Branch, Texas. 972-391-6623
Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
P.O. Box 12788
Austin, TX 78711