Tennessee College Loans
As Tennessee students plan to graduate from high school and take on a collegiate career, the question of how to pay for college is raised. Thanks to the Direct Loan Program, students can relax a little when it comes to funding their higher education and other associated costs.
The Direct Loan Program is available to all students who plan to attend an accredited school or university half time or more. Whether you want to go to school at the University of Memphis or the Chattanooga State Technical Community College, a student loan is available to you.
The Direct Loan Program is backed by the U.S. Department of Education. Borrowers must first fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to receive a loan proposal. Students who demonstrate financial need may also be awarded a state or federal grant by simply applying for a loan. In some cases, for those who apply in January you can receive both grants along with a student loan.
To qualify for personal student loans, borrowers must have U.S. citizenship and maintain a specified grade-point average. Loans are applied for on a yearly basis and increase in amount each year. Both undergraduates and graduates can borrow money for tuition, textbooks, housing, student fees, and other school-related costs. Depending on financial need, borrowers may also qualify for a subsidized (interest-free) loan.
Tennessee State University System, University of Tennessee, and all college student loans in Tennessee BY TELEPHONE :
- AMS Education Loan Trust (833067) - Swansea, MA. 800-637-3060. ( Federal Stafford, PLUS Loans )
- AmSouth Bank (810612) - Jackson, MS. 800-858-7822. ( Federal Stafford, PLUS Loans)
- Bank of America (806746) - Brea, CA. 800-344-8382. ( Stafford, PLUS Loan)
- Bank One, NA (805156) - Fishers, IN. 800-487-4400. ( Staford Loans, PLUS Loans)
- Bankers Fidelity Life Insurance Co. (827057) - Atlanta, GA. 404/266-5703. ( Stafford Loan, PLUS)
- CollegeCredit/TIAA - The College Board (830310) - New York, NY. 800-831-5626. (Stafford, PLUS)
- First Farmers and Merchants National Bank (810617) - Columbia, TN. 931-380-8261. ( Stafford Loans, PLUS)
- Guaranty Bank and Trust (804657) - Kansas City, MO. 800-555-3601. (Stafford, PLUS)
Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation
Parkway Towers, Suite 1950
404 James Robertson Parkway
Nashville, TN 37243-0820