Louisiana College Loans
- AmSouth Bank (810612) - Jackson, MS. 800-858-7822. (Stafford, PLUS)
- Cameron State Bank (817551) - Lake Charles, Louisiana . 318-478-4180. Federal Stafford Loans, PLUS loans for parents.
- First United Bank (831506) - Farmerville, Louisiana . 318-368-2606 or 800-888-8419. Private Student Loans, Stafford Loans, PLUS loans for parents
- Greater New Orleans Homestead (824192) - Metairie, Louisiana . 504-834-1190. Stafford Loan, PLUS Loan
- Texas Independent Bank (831122) - Irving, TX. 800-288-4842 or 800-343-5904. (Stafford, PLUS)
- Whitney National Bank (805148) - Jefferson, Louisiana . 504-838-4455. (Stafford, PLUS)
Louisiana Students Loan Details
Funds are available to Louisiana-based students to help fund college and other related expenses. By completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), borrowers can qualify for funding that ranges from $3,500 to $20,500 annually. Undergraduates and graduates alike can borrow through various federally-backed programs to help pay for college. Based upon financial need, students can qualify for both subsidized and unsubsidized funding.
To qualify, the student must complete the FAFSA, be a U.S. citizen, enroll in an accredited school and seek a degree at minimum on at least a part-time basis. After the FAFSA is filed, the U.S. Department of Education provides the borrower, and the Louisiana schools designated by the student, a Student Aid Report (SAR).
In some cases, students will find they qualify for a Pell Grant or a Louisiana state grant. These awards are on am annual basis and are extended to students who apply directly after the beginning of each calendar year.
The list of participating Louisiana universities and vocational schools who accept federal loans is a long one. If the school is accredited, and the student is enrolled in an approved program, the loan can be used to cover educational expenses. Some of the participating Louisiana schools include Louisiana Tech, the University of New Orleans, and the Baton Rouge Community College.
Southern Association for Institutional Research SAIR strives for the advancement of research leading to improved understanding, planning, and operation of institutions of post-secondary education.