Kentucky College Loans
Kentucky Student Loans
The state of Kentucky offers several generous tuition waiver programs for students seeking a college education. In all, there are five scenarios a student can get his or her college tuition paid for and receive virtually a free education.
Adopted and Foster Children
Kentucky students who are adopted or foster children may qualify for the complete waiver of tuition fees associated with any Kansas public postsecondary institution for up to five years. The main criterion for this program is the student's family must receive state-funded adoption assistance. Foster children must be in the custody of the Cabinet for Families and Children or the Department of Juvenile Justice to qualify. Other stipulations apply.
Dependents of Deceased Employees Participating in State-Administered Retirement Systems
Students who are an unmarried child of a deceased employees participating in state-administered retirement systems can request all their tuition fees at any Kansas state-supported college, university, or vocational school.
Dependents of Disabled Employees Participating in State-Administered Retirement Systems
Spouses and children (ages 17 to 23) of disabled employees participating in state-administered retirement systems who were injured on the job can apply to have all their tuition waived at any state-funded school for up to 36 months.
If you are a Kentucky resident looking to fund your education, but dont qualify for any of these waiver programs. You can always consider applying for a Kentucky student loans. Student loans are designed to assist students with paying for college and other related fees.
Kentucky University, University of Kentucky, Kentucky State, Kentucky community college > Student Loan Lender phone numbers:
- AMS Education Loan Trust (833067) - Swansea, MA. 800/637-3060. ( Federal Stafford Loans, PLUS Loans)
- AmSouth Bank (810612) - Jackson, MS. 800-858-7822. ( Staford, PLUS)
- Bank of America (806746) - Brea, CA. 800-344-8382. (Stafford, PLUS)
- First City Bank and Trust Co. (804292) - Hopkinsville, Kentucky 270-887-2236. Private Student Loans, Federal Stafford Loans, PLUS Loan for Paents
- MBNA America (Delaware) N.A. (833772) - Wilmington, DE. 888/272-5543. (Stafford, PLUS)
- Medfunds (831654) - Cleveland, OH. 800-665-1016. ( Stafford Loans )
- Nellie Mae (829076) - Braintree, MA. 800-634-9308. ( Private student loans )
Kentucky Educational college and government sites:
Kentucky Department for Adult Education & Literacy