Iowa College Student Loans
Iowa Student Loans
Iowa students who want to pursue a college education
may find themselves struggling to pay for their academic
goals. A common way students manage to foot the bill is
through the U.S. Department of Education�s loan and grant
To apply for federal funding via the Federal Pell Grant or
Direct Loan Program a Free Application for Federal Student
Aid (FAFSA) must be filled and submitted by the student. The
FAFSA can be filed via the Internet at the U.S. Department
of Education�s Web site.
www.fafsa.ed.gov The application collects a
significant amount of personal and financial information on
both the student and his or her parents/guardians. Funding
is available through Federal Direct Loans for both
undergraduate and graduate students. The Federal Pell Grant,
however, is only awardable to undergraduate students.
Students having a hard time cover their expenses even after
receiving federal assistance may also consider taking out a
private Iowa student loan. While private loans are not
always as attractive as federally-backed loans, they can
help make ends meet when it comes to federal awards and
education expenses. Private student loans also feature
faster approval rates and usually allow borrowers to
withdrawal larger amounts of money then the federal loans.
To qualify for a student loan, the borrower must plan on
attending an accredited school such as Cornell College or
Des Moines University. A complete list of approved colleges
can be obtained through your high school counselor or
aid office. Borrowers must also enroll for at least
half-time each term, be a U.S. citizen, and actively pursue
a degree or approved certification.
The opportunity for Iowa students to achieve
higher-education is available to those who want it. Monetary
aid can be obtained through a fairly easy process via the
government. To learn more about Iowa student loans, consider
a local lender:
- American Heritage National Bank (806295) - Long Prairie, MN.
612-732-6131. Stafford, PLUS Loan
- AMS Education Loan Trust (833067) - Swansea, MA.
800-637-3060. Stafford, PLUS
- Bellevue State Bank (820753) - Bellevue, IA. 319-872-4911.
- Brenton Bank, N.A. (804145) - West Des Moines, Iowa .
800-820-0088. (Stafford, PLUS)
- National City State Bank (803928) - Sheldon, Iowa . 712-324-2519.
- Commercial Savings Bank (803943) - Carroll, Iowa . 712-792-4346.
- Du Trac Community Credit Union (829003) - Dubuque, IA.
800-475-1331. (Stafford, PLUS)
- Medfunds (831654) - Cleveland, OH. 800-665-1016. ( medical
- National City Bank of Michigan/Illinois (802828) - Morton,
IL. 800-622-5097. Stafford, PLUS Private
- R.I.A. Federal Credit Union (829033) - Bettendorf, Iowa .
319-355-3800. Stafford Loans, PLUS Loans, private loan
- Security Bank (804191) - Marshalltown, Iowa . 515-754-5555.
Stafford, PLUS, Private Loans
- Security Bank Jasper-Poweshiek (817472) - Sully, Iowa .
515-594-4400. Stafford, PLUS, Private
Alternative student loans
for college education. Revised 2008. All Iowa lenders are approved
by editorial before listing. Tip: Check with your local credit unions to
see if you can get a better deal.