Hawaii's College Student Loans
Hawaii Student Loans :
University of Hawaii, Hawaii State College System, Hawaii commmunity college >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Private Student Loans Lenders :
SallieMae : Smart Option Student Loan
cuStudentLoans : cuScholar private student loans
SimpleTuition : Private loan marketplace
Wells Fargo - Private education loans
- American Express Educational Loans (833289) - San Diego, CA. 800-814-4595. ( Stafford Loans, PLUS Loans )
- AMS Education Loan Trust (833067) - Swansea, MA. 800-637-3060. (Stafford, PLUS)
- Bank of America (806746) - Brea, CA. 800-344-8382. ( Federal Stafford, PLUS Loans )
- First Hawaiian Bank (818260) - Honolulu, Hawaii . 808-973-3513. ( Federal Stafford Loans, PLUS Loans for Parents
- MBNA America (Delaware) N.A. (833772) - Wilmington, DE. 888-272-5543. ( Stafford Loan, PLUS Loans)
Hawaii Student Loans
The Direct Loan Program is accessible to all students who plan to attend an accredited school or university at least-half time. Whether you intend on seeking a degree at the Maui Community College or the Hawaii Business College, a loan is available to you.
The Direct Loan program is backed by the United States Department of Education. Borrowers must first fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to receive a loan. As a bonus, students who demonstrate financial need may also be awarded a state or federal grant when applying for their loan. In some cases, for those who apply directly after January 1st, you can receive both grants.
To qualify for a student loan, borrowers must have U.S. citizenship and maintain satisfactory academic performance. Loans are applied for on an annual basis and increase in amount each year. Both undergraduate and graduate students can borrow money for school. Depending on financial need, borrowers may also qualify for a subsidized loan.
Parents can also qualify through the U.S. Department of Education for PLUS Loan so that they may assist with funding their childs college tuition, room and board and other associated fees. PLUS Loans do require credit approval and, unlike the Stafford loans, repayment begins as soon as the money has been dispersed.
Lastly, students can apply for a loan through a private lender. This option often helps to cover educational expenses not paid for by grants, scholarships or federally-backed loans.
College Student Loans for University of Hawaii Campus / Center Locations
LCC Waianae Education Center
- MCC Molokai Education Center
- MCC Lanai Education Center