Florida Student Loans, 2015-2016
UCF has become one of the top ten largest universities in the country. FSU and UF are smaller in comparison to UCF
2015 Private student loans available to florida residents, students and parents include:
Reach additional and local finance companies by phone at:
- American Express Educational Loans ( Lender Code 833289) - San Diego, CA. 800-814-4595. Private, Stafford, PLUS loans
- American Pioneer Life Insurance Co. Orlando, Florida. 800-538-1053. Stafford Loans, PLUS Loans
- AmSouth Bank (810612) - Jackson, MS. 800-858-7822. Stafford, PLUS loan
- Comerica Bank - Detroit, MI. 800-345-6232. Staford Loans, PLUS Loans
- Keesler Federal Credit Union (806695) - Biloxi, MS. 228/385-5500 x 516. Stafford, PLUS, Grad Plus Loans
Florida Department of Education
Room PL 08 Capitol Building
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400
Phone: (850) 487-1785
If you want to go to college in one of the country's most desirable states, you might consider heading to Florida after high school graduation. Students who attend college in Florida have more than 50 colleges and technical schools to choose from, including the trendy University of Tampa. No matter what degree you chose to pursue, going to college in Florida will fill your spare time with sun filled beaches and warm weather.
The Stafford Loan Program is backed by the United States Department of Education. Students must first submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to receive a loan offer. During the application process, students who demonstrate financial need may also be awarded a Florida state or federal grant when applying for their Florida student loan.
To qualify for a student loan, borrowers must have or be able to obtain U.S. citizenship and maintain satisfactory grade-point-average during their studies. Depending on financial need, borrowers may also qualify for a subsidized loan (a loan without interest).
Parents can also qualify through the U.S. Department of Education for PLUS Loan so that they may assist with funding their childs college tuition, room and board and other associated fees. PLUS Loans do require credit approval and, unlike the Stafford loans, repayment begins as soon as the money has been dispersed.