Connecticut Student Loans
Private Education Loan for students and parents in CT:
The Connecticut Department of Higher Education offers students of all different backgrounds and situations a variety of options when it comes to paying for college. In all, the state offers six different grant and scholarship programs. Each program features its own set of qualifications from financial need to area of study. The following is a brief list of the programs offered.
Connecticut Aid for Public College
Connecticut Independent College Student Grant
Special Education Teacher Incentive Grant
Connecticut Minority Teacher Incentive
Robert C. Byrd
To apply for Connecticut Department of Higher Education student aid, students must submit an application packet. Packets are available through the department and any Connecticut-based college. You high school counselor can also provide an application. Other student aid information, such as details on the Free Application of Financial Student Aid (FAFSA), is available through the U.S. Department of Education website.
Students may also want to consider applying for a federal student loan when they fill out the FAFSA. After the FAFSA is processed and a Student Aid Report is generated, the student will receive further details on what loans are available to them. Students may also qualify for a subsidized Connecticut student loan if they demonstrate financial need on the FAFSA. This is a loan that does not accrue interest while the student is in school or during any other deferment periods.
Sometimes students find that even after being awarded student aid from the state and the U.S. Department of Education, they are still short of paying their academic bills. When this occurs, students can also take out a private Connecticut student loan. Private loans are awarded through a private lender that is not associated with the state or federal government.
Connecticut Federal Stafford Loan details available at your financial aid office.
UCONN Loan, University of Connecticut student loans, Connecticut State University School System school loans, and all Connecticut colleges, community college loans from Connecticut Student Loan Lenders :
- American Express Educational Loans (833289) - San Diego, CA. 800-814-4595. Stafford Loans, PLUS loans, private student loans
- Bank of America (806746) - Brea, CA. 800-344-8382. Federal Stafford loan
- Lafayette American Bank & Trust (802103) - Bridgeport, Connecticut 201-236-6120. (Federal Stafford Loans, PLUS Loans for Parents.
- New Haven Savings Bank (815862) - New Haven, Connecticut . 203-789-2543. Stafford Loan, PLUS Loan
- Peoples Bank (815886) - Bridgeport, Connecticut 203-338-7158. Stafford, PLUS loans
Students & Parents, General Connecticut Information
Schools & Program TYPES:
- Colleges and Universities
- Private Occupational Schools